Find an Eco-Friendly Lodging in Anchorage
The Anchorage Alaska Bed & Breakfast Association‘s Eco-friendly Inns lodging program rewards member inns that take actions softening our impact on, and preserving the pristine beauty of Anchorage and Alaska. Our participating B&Bs strive to provide environmentally friendly green lodging alternatives to typical hotel accommodations. We support good business practices that will permit and promote tourism and other commercial activities while striving to attain these significant reduce, recycle and reuse goals.
All participating members must adhere to at least three of these minimum areas of conservation. Some member properties exercise additional steps to expand their individual campaigns:
- Recycle (House) – Recycle aluminum cans, plastics, glass, paper, and cardboard as accepted by the Municipality’s recycle program.
- Recycle (Guest Participation) – Display in a prominent place a recycle receptacle that will encourage guest participation.
- Lighting – At least 50% of interior medium based light bulbs must be LED or other high efficiency types.
- Laundry Conservation – Encourage guests to use bath and bed linens for multiple days.
- Donate Useable Items – Donate short-end supplies and out of service linens, furniture, etc. for use within the community.
- Members participate in food drives that are conducted periodically through the year that benefit the Anchorage community.
- Additionally, many of our member inns purchase and serve Fair Trade coffee, tea and chocolate.